Friday 15 July 2011

Blankies for Newbies

It has been a little while since I have made any of these, I came across these photo's the other day and thought I would share them. I love to give quilts as gifts but sometimes find that the receiver doesn't like to use them in case they spoil. A huge compliment. So I started making blankies. Easy to wash, dry and use. They are simply a piece of polar fleece and a piece of flannelette quilted together with no batting and a binding stitched around the edge. You could pillowcase and stitch a false binding but I like adding a little bit of hand sewing ( I love hand sewing the binding )
Becareful as you may end up getting orders as they are so practical.....





I always keep an eye out at the fabric shops for cute flannels and keep them on hand, you never know when a new bundle announcement will crop up. I like to start sewing straight away and not have to hit the shops first.......

1 comment:

  1. The blankies look lovely Kaye, kids love the softness of polar fleece too so they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete