Friday 6 May 2011

Finished Tops

I have had a couple of very productive days at my sewing machine. Feeling quite chuffed. Quite a long time ago I purchased a kit and pattern from Patchwork with Gail B. I t is a Teddlywinks design called "Christmas Time for Teddy Bears # 4608" It had been kitted with Nancy Halvorsen's "I Believe" range. Unfortunately I am a Nancy nut so after cutting the kits for others and seeing it day in day out hanging in the shop, I bought it. Needless to say it ended up in my UFO pile. I started it with all good intentions of having it finished for Christmas. I didn't say what year so I suppose technically I have finished it for Christmas - HEHE.


The stitcheries are so cute, over 200 french knots. I stopped counting....

I pieced it all yesterday and added the borders today. It has not been quilted yet as I am waiting for my batting and quilt basting spray to arrive, but can't wait to get started. I will keep the quilting very simple on it as it is a wall hanging.

I have also added the borders to "Simple Pleasures" I was procrastinating over the borders but bit the bullet and also finished it today. I have decided to quilt this one myself also when the batting arrives.


I have finished tracing my "Tis the Season" blocks and have almost finished stitching one. Now since I was a late starter on this project, I am 5 blocks behind so every night I am trying to put in at least and hour. My only problem with this is I am torn between this and my hexagons....On that note .........


   Another four finished, so I now have 21. I precut a heap of fabrics a very long time ago and 'papered' what I thought was quite a few. Yay I have run out so I will sit tonight and set up a few more. I also finished tracing the stitcheries, I think in one of my previous posts I had 20+ to do. I am now tossing up whether to do them all the same or use up some old anchor threads and mix it up a little. hmmmmm That decision will be solved in my sleep. A busy weekend ahead so hopefully I can fit a little stitching.

2 comments:

  1. you have inspired me to pull out my simple stitches book...........off to trace........

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG love the xmas quilt what a great job you have done and you have been very busy sewing these beautiful quilts

    ReplyDelete